- Ideas in development
- In progress
- No results found
- Coastal Habitats
- Comms & Outreach (General)
- Transboundary Governance
- Waste & Marine Litter
- No results found
- 1 - No Poverty
- 2 - Zero Hunger
- 3 - Good Health and Well-being
- 4 - Quality Education
- 5 - Gender Equality
- 6 - Clean Water and Sanitation
- 7 - Affordable and Clean Energy
- 8 - Decent Work and Economic Growth
- 9 - Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- 10 - Reduce Inequalities
- 11 - Sustainable Cities and Communities
- 12 - Responsible Consumption and Production
- 13 - Climate Action
- 14 - Life Below Water
- 15 - Life on Land
- 16 - Peace and Justice Strong Institutions
- 17 - Partnerships to achieve the Goal
- SDGs to transform our world
- No results found
- Aalborg University
- Aarhus University
- Abidjan Convention
- Åbo Akademi University
- Accreditation Services International GmbH (ASI)
- African Development Bank Group
- Aleut International Association
- Alpine Convention
- Andøya Space Center
- ARCOS Network
- Arctic Council
- Arctic Council Indigenous Peoples Secretariat
- Arendal bibliotek
- Arendal Kommune
- Arendal voksenopplæring
- Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Association of Nature Conservation Organisations of Tajikistan (ANCOT)
- ATLAN Space
- Behavioural Insights Team
- Bentley University
- Blue Climate Solutions
- Blue Forests
- Blue Ventures
- BRS Secretariat
- Carpathian Convention
- Catapult Satellite Applications
- CCP - UNODC-WCO Container Control Programme
- Church of England
- CIEL - Center for International Environmental Law
- Climate & Clean Air Coalition (CCAC)
- Clinton Foundation
- CMS Secretariat
- CNR-ISMAR Istituto di Scienze Marine
- Collabrative Partnership on Forests (CPF)
- Collecte Localisation Satellites (CLS)
- Conservation International
- Convention on Biological Diversity
- Coral Triangle Centre
- Council of Ethics of the Swedish National Pension Funds
- Danube Delta National Institute for Research and Development (DDNI)
- Department of Environmental Affairs
- Digital Globe
- Duke University
- East African Community
- Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Environmental Agency Abu Dhabi (EAD)
- Environment Protection Agency Sierra Leone (EPASL)
- Eurac Research
- European Space Agency (ESA)
- Eye on Earth
- Federal Ministry for the Environment Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU)
- Federal Research Center – Kola Science Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- FN Byen
- Forest Trends
- Forum for Women and Development (FOKUS)
- Global Mountain Biodiversity Assessment (GMBA)
- Global Nutrient Cycle Project
- Global Partnership on Marine Litter (GPML)
- Global Partnership on Nutrient Management (GPNM)
- Global Peatlands Initiative
- Global Programme of Action (GPA)
- Global Snow Leopard & Ecosystem Protection Programme (GSLEP)
- Global Water Partnership Southern Africa (GWPSA)
- Government of Norway
- Government of Sweden
- Government of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- GPC Group
- Great Apes Survival Partnership (UN-GRASP)
- Greater Virunga Transboundary Collaboration
- Greenland Institute of Natural Resources
- GRID-Arendal Marine Litter
- Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht Centre for Materials and Coastal Research
- Hicling Arthurs Low
- Hokkaido University
- IFOAM – Organics International
- Ilbirs Foundation
- IMR (Havforskningsinstituttet)
- Institute of Oceanology of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- International Centre for Reindeer Husbandry
- International Climate Initiative (IKI)
- International Environmental Technology Centre (UNEP-IETC)
- International Maritime Organisation (IMO)
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) Norway
- Interstate Commission on Sustainable Development
- Lake Victoria Basin Commission
- Leadership for Environment and Development Nepal (LEAD NEPAL)
- Marine and Freshwater Research Institute
- Marine Coastal Policy
- MAVA Foundation
- Ministerium Für Ein Lebenswertes Österreich
- Mountain Partnership
- Mountain Research Institute (MRI)
- Multilateral Fund
- Nairobi Convention
- National Integrated Drought Information System (NIDIS)
- National Research Council (CNR)
- Nature - RIDD
- New Plastics Economy
- NINA (Norwegian Institute for Nature Research)
- Nomadic Herders Foundation
- Nordic World Heritage Foundation
- Norges Naturvernforbund
- Northern Arctic Federal University in Arkhangelsk (NARFU)
- Norwegian Blue Forests Network (NBFN)
- Norwegian Ministry of Climate and Environment
- Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA)
- Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)
- NR (Norwegian Computing Center)
- NTNU (Norwegian University of Science and Technology)
- NUI Galway
- Ocean Conservancy
- Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation for the Environment
- ProSea Foundation
- Rainforest Foundation Norway
- Regional Environmental Center (REC)
- Royal Government of Bhutan
- Rwanda Environment Management Authority (REMA)
- SAICM - Strategic Approach to International Chemicals Management
- Scientific Network of the Caucasus Mountain Region
- Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC)
- SIDS DOCK
- Snow Leopard Trust
- Southern African Development Community (SADC)
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Sustainable Caucasus
- Szent István University
- Taiga Nature Society
- Technical University of Denmark
- The Asia Foundation
- The Association of World Reindeer Herders
- The Basel Convention
- The Marine Foundation
- The National Arms of Sierra Leone
- The Nature Conservancy
- The Nomadic Herders Project
- The Norwegian ForUM for Development and Environment
- The Open University of the Netherlands
- The Rotterdam Convention
- The Stockholm Convention
- The Universities Council on Water Resources (UCOWR)
- The World Bank
- Trygg Mat Tracking (TMT)
- UMR AMURE
- UNDP Norway
- UN Environment
- UN Environment Regional Seas Programme
- UNEP ROE
- UN HABITAT
- UNICEF Norway
- Universidade Lusófona
- University Centre of the Westfjords
- University of Agder (UIA)
- University of Akureyri
- University of Copenhagen
- University of Gothenburg
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences
- University of Southampton
- University of Stirling
- University of Sydney
- University of Tokyo
- University of Tromsø
- University of Tromsø (UiT)
- University of Vienna
- WAITT Foundation
- Wetlands International Afrique
- World Agroforestry Center
- WorldFish Center
- World Resources Institute (WRI)
- WWF Bhutan
- WWF Norway
- Yayasan Ecosystem Lestari (YEL)
- Youth and Education Alliance (YEA!)
- Zambezi Watercourse Commission (ZAMCOM)
- Zambia Environmental Management Agencyc(ZEMA)
- No results found
- Marine Environment
- Polar and Climate
- Technology & Innovation
- Transboundary Governance & Environmental Crime
- Waste and Marine Litter
- No results found
Himalayan Climate Change Adaptation Programme - HICAP
HICAP is producing knowledge on how climate change affects natural resources, ecosystem services, and the communities that depend on them.
Mapping and communication
Developing innovative tools to communicate using maps
The FishGuard Initiative
Enhancing governments’ presence at sea through the provision of low-cost intelligent technological solutions and local capacity building.
International policy development to combat marine litter
Marine litter and plastic pollution are global issues that affect the whole world.
Norwegian Blue Forests Network (NBFN)
The network’s goal is to advance the blue forest approach in addressing climate change and meeting the SDGs
Areas Beyond National Jurisdiction (ABNJ)
Develop and pilot tools and approaches for area based planning in Areas Beyond National Jurisdiction (ABNJ).
Resilient Mountain Solutions
The Resilient Mountain Solutions (RMS) is an initiative developed and led by ICIMOD.
Barents Sea Leadership on Marine Litter
The project aims to raise awareness, promote leadership and strengthen cooperation to reduce marine pollution in the region.
Strong governance of marine and terrestrial systems results in a healthy and productive natural environment.
In order to inform environmental and development policy-making processes, UNEP keeps under review the state of the world environment.
Rapid Response Assessments
This special series of reports fills the need for targeted and timely information about environmental challenges.
Protected Area Solutions
This IUCN-led project is a four-year collaboration that addresses Aichi Target 11.
Marine litter and plastic pollution in the ocean is affecting ecosystems, economies and societies around the world.
The Pacific CTCN
Capacity development to access risks in the coastal zone associated with climate change
Peace building and Law of the Sea in the Pacific Ocean
This project works with 14 Pacific Islands Countries to finalise extended continental shelf boundaries.
Grønn Dag er et arrangement som setter fokus på miljø og bærekraftig husholdninger
The Mami Wata Project
The Mami Wata project applies and develops capacity on Integrated Ocean Management in countries of the African Atlantic coast.
This theme advances innovative nature-based coastal and marine climate solutions.
Investigative Environmental Journalism Grants
Increasing awareness of environmental crime issues through financial support to investigative environmental journalists
Support for launch of the Nordic Report
GRID-Arendal is supporting release of the Nordic Council report "Possible Elements of a New Global Agreement to Prevent Plastic Pollution".
Supporting the Global Peatlands Initiative
A Rapid Response Assessment to support the Global Peatlands Initiative.
Pacific Marine Atlases (MACBIO)
This project is providing maps and data to support marine spatial planning in the Pacific
The project delivers products of Earth Observation data to understand and monitor changes to ecosystems.
Nordic Blue Carbon
A research project funded by the Norwegian Environment Agency (2017-2020) on climate adaptation, carbon capture and long-term storage.
University Course in Marine Management
Delivery of lectures to Master student at University in Agder
The goal of the project is to strengthen knowledge management capacity and promote scaled-up learning of disseminated experiences...
Oceanic Blue Carbon
Responding to the call from the UN Environment and the Global Environment Facility for innovative actions to help address climate change...
Nunataryuk is a Horizon 2020 project which investigates the impact of permafrost thaw in Arctic coastal areas .
GEF Marine Plastics Project
Developing a strategic roadmap to help guide the transition to circular plastic economies at local, national and global scales.
West Africa - Continuing extend continental shelves
This initiative builds on a 2014 joint submission to the UN to extend continental shelves beyond the current limit of 200 nautical miles.
Blue Carbon in West Africa
This activity will develop a strategic blue carbon assessment for the West African region.
H2020 - ResponSEAble - Ocean Literacy
ResponSEAble - Protecting the ocean: our collective responsibility, our common interest - Supporting the development of cost-effective ocean
GRID-Arendal eBook Library
As part of its awareness programme, GRID-Arendal has prepared this collection of feature-rich eBook versions of selected publication...
University of the Arctic
The University of the Arctic is a cooperative network of more than 170 universities, colleges, research institutes and other organizations.
Norwegian Infrastructure for Drone-based research, mapping and monitoring in the coastal zone
The ECOTIP project investigates ecosystem tipping points and their cascading effects in the Arctic, from melting ice to changing fisheries.
Environmental Crime Waste Traffic
With raising global consumption patterns the amounts of waste increases, and scrupulous waste management is threatened with the illegal...
Waste Management in Mountain Regions
The project highlights both the challenges and the solutions for sound waste management in mountain regions.
Globally, around one million plant and animal species are now threatened with extinction...
Support to the Tehran Convention
Supporting the Interim Secretariat with the implementation of the Convention Program of Work and the organization of COP6.
Teaterplassen 3 AS
GRID-Arendal's office is in an environmentally friendly building centrally located in the idyllic Tyholmen area Arendal
Marine Litter in the Arctic
Marine litter is found even in the most remote parts of the Arctic.
UArctic Thematic Network on Arctic Plastic Pollution
Marine litter is everywhere and unfortunately, the Arctic Ocean is no exception.
European Marine Observation and Data Network - EMODnet
Making European data available to support the Maritime Spatial Planning and the Blue Economy
This project will continue to assist with the communication needs and expert advice needed by Blue Solutions.
ResilienSEA – Resilient Seagrasses
The ResilienSEA project aims to enhance the scientific expertise and management of seagrass meadows in seven West Africa countries.
Sustainable Consumption and Production
Maps of seafloor habitats are important predictors of biodiversity and a key input into marine spatial planning
Fragility, Conflict and Security
Using information from Earth Observation technology to reduce environmental and human insecurity
Blue Forests Project
The Blue Forests Project is a global initiative focused on harnessing the values associated with coastal carbon and ecosystem services...
Marine Debris Action Planner (MDAP)
The Marine Debris Action Planner (MDAP) is a project funded by Innovation Norway in which GRID-Arendal and SALT are developing a service...
Climate Leaders Training
This programme focuses on leadership issues related to natural resources, strengthen leadership and management competencies and mind-set
The Blue Solutions Initiative develops capacity and supports knowledge exchange on successful approaches to marine and coastal management.
Droughts in the Anthropocene
The project Droughts in the Anthropocene will showcase and present selected case studies from around the world related to droughts and water
Environmental Assessment Guidelines - a writing marathon
GRID-Arendal is managing the development of updated Integrated Enviromental Assessment guidelines for UN Environment
Marine litter predictive mapping
This pilot project develops a shoreline map to define coastal areas with different likelihood of accumulating beach litter.
Permafrost in coastal Arctic regions
We coordinated development of a Rapid Response Assessment to assess critical research gaps related to Arctic coastal permafrost.
Using cloud computing to analyse marine protected areas
The objective of the Polaris program is to respond to the evolving demands for space-based monitoring of the Polar Regions
Every couple of years UN Environment takes the global environmental temperature.
Many Strong Voices (MSV)
GRID-Arendal and the University College London coordinate Many Strong Voices that brings together people from the Arctic and Small Island...
UNEP IEA Guidelines
The practice of integrated environmental assessment (IEA) has evolved significantly since the last set of guidance which was developed by UN
Responsible Resource Extraction
Meeting the environmental, social and governance challenges of non-renewable resource extraction.
GRID-Arendal's 30th Anniversary Celebration
GRID-Arendal celebrates its 30th Anniversary on 13 August 2019 during Arendalsuka
UNEP Regional Seas
Support is being provided to the Tehran Convention Secretariat to contributes to peace and security in the Caspian region.
Transboundary WRM - Lake Victoria
The project will produce an Atlas of Lake Victoria’s Changing Environment, including training for local experts to create similar atlases
Organised environmental crime in EECCA
Mountain Outlook Series
A series of policy assessments for different global mountain regions is being produced by GRID-Arendal and UN Environment.
Mountains & SDGs
Mountains cover 25 percent of the world’s land surface, and directly support 12 percent of the world’s population living within mountain...
Limpopo River Basin
The project will produce an Atlas of the Limpopo River Basin’s Changing Environment, with a particular focus on drought and floods
Abu Dhabi Blue Carbon Demonstration Project
Improving the understanding of carbon sequestration and other ecosystem services that coastal and marine ecosystems provide in Abu Dhabi.
Marine and coastal satellite services to track environmental crime activities (MASTREC)
The MASTREC project focuses on the detection of trafficking of illegal rosewood from Madagascar and illegal charcoal from Somalia/Kenya.
Reindeer herders are facing lost pastures and land fragmentation caused by industrial development and other land-use changes.
Global Tailings Dam Portal Project
The Global Tailings Portal is a public, searchable database with detailed information on more than 1,700 mine tailings dams around the world
Since 2006, GRID-Arendal has taken part in the annual celebration of Internasjonale Dager, a week-long event in late October...
Green & Blue Economy
GRID-Arendal’s Green Economy Programme supports UN Environment to meet policy, modelling, capacity building and reporting goals for its Green Economy work.
The Blue Guardians program is an international partnership to enhance climate resiliency for Small Island Developing States with a focus...
TEEB4OC Development Project
UNEP has decided to re-boot the process of submitting a GEF Proposal related to TEEB4OC. This development project will focus on the step...
Masters in HOME
GRID-Arendal is developing a Masters Programme in Holistic Ocean Management (HOME) with Agder University in Norway and NMMU in South Africa.