Under the public-private partnership arrangement, Jekora Ventures agreed the following implementation conditions with the Tema Metropolitan assembly:
• the private entity bears the operation and maintenance costs
• the public sector and other donors are to finance the capital cost
• profits from the plant operation are to be shared as follows:
• municipality/private entity: 20 per cent/80 per cent after breakeven and until the private entity recovers the working capital investment
• municipality/private entity: 50 per cent/50 per cent thereafter
• profits generated by the municipality will finance community sanitation projects (see the figure for the business financial flows).
From collection: Sanitation and Wastewater Atlas of Africa - Circular Economy