Chief Culture Officer
GRID-Arendal is a non-profit foundation established in 1989 by the Norwegian government to support the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). Our international and highly qualified staff specialise in the communication of complex environmental science issues to policy- and decision-makers. Our work is global in scope with a focus on supporting developing countries with capacity building and providing solutions for environmental problems. Our vision is for a society that understands, values and protects the environment on which it depends.
We are seeking a dynamic and committed colleague with proven work experience in human relations to serve as GRID-Arendal’s Chief Cultural Officer. This is a senior position serving as a member of our senior management team participating in and contributing towards the strategic development of the organization. The Chief Cultural Officer reports directly to the Managing Director and works closely with the Chief Finance Officer, Chief Scientific Officer and Chief of Communications, Technology and Innovation. The main responsibility for the Chief Cultural Officer is to maintain an overview of the organisation’s human resource needs and also cultivate a strong and healthy workplace culture in which everyone is working together towards our strategic goals. We are committed to building a culture of togetherness where we are curious about and respectful of each other’s work. The position requires dedication, flexibility and commitment to support the organisation.
This is a 100% permanent position based at our offices centrally located on the waterfront of Arendal, Norway.
- Act as a liaison between employees on all levels
- Assist the Managing Director in identifying strategic capacity gaps
- Drive recruitment processes
- Develop programmes to support employees (onboarding, leadership and career development)
- Lead the internal coaching programme, including providing coordination, coaching and counsel to the coaches
- Develop comprehensive approaches to employee development, retention and onboarding by creating career paths and employee development, succession planning, and learning opportunities as appropriate to the needs of GRID-Arendal
- Lead labour-law processes including collective bargaining agreements and union negotiations
- Responsibility for driving the A-Z HR operations, both on a strategic and operational level
- Formal education – preferably master level – in HR or related areas
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience and professional knowledge in HR
- Professional experience in human resource management, including line management
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Understanding of organizational development and cultural change
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in Norwegian and English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Norwegian labor laws and experience in dealing with personnel cases
Strongly desirable skills
- Experience working in a knowledge-based organisation (NGO, university, research institute or similar);
- Excellent team player and ability to work independently;
- High motivation and energy;
- Ability to pursue multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and consistently meet deadlines;
- Excellent networking capabilities and diplomatic skills;
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in an international and culturally diverse environment;
- Managerial and strategic skills.
GRID-Arendal is committed to building a culture of togetherness where we are curious and respectful of each other’s work.
system is linked to the Norwegian Government salary system. It is based on
education and experience. Salaries are subject to Norwegian tax regulations.
Insurance and personal benefits are provided in addition to salary.
Deadline for applications: 27 June, 2021
Starting date: as soon as possible
Application should include a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae. Please send your application by email to: Hr@grida.no and mark in the subject “CCO”.
For more information, please contact:
Managing Director Peter Harris firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Cultural Officer Kari Scheie email@example.com
Type: Permanent, full time
Starting date: 2021-07-15
Position type: Permanent