This programme promotes the need to value and protect Africa’s natural resource base
Are you a student and thinking of working on global environment issues? Then a Student Internship with GRID-Arendal could be an ideal start of your career.
We are currently recruiting Interns for 2017 and 2018. If you would like to join the Student Internship Programme, please read this important infomation and submit your application: to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The programme offers undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to work in a multi-cultural international organization gaining practical work experience and developing skills under the guidance of experts.
In particular we are looking for students with the following interest areas; trending communication technologies and social media, or scientific or topical areas such as climate change vulnerability and adaptation (especially in polar and mountain environments), marine spatial planning, marine litter, GIS and web mapping, green economy or sustainable development, or if you have a profound interest in one of GRID-Arendal’s programmes.
These agreements should specify:
Generally, GRID-Arendal offers accommodation, a work programme, a supervisor, and the necessary office space and equipment. Travel and per diem expenses are normally paid by the partner institution/university etc.
Due to the large number of applicants and the limited number of places available per year, applicants are strongly advised to note the following minimum eligibility criteria for an internship at GRID-Arendal. If all of the requirements are not met, the application will not be processed.
1. Undergraduates (juniors and seniors) and Graduate Students
2. Willingness to work as an intern on a full-time basis spending five days a week for a period of not less than three months and not exceeding six months.
3. Endorsement from applicant’s educational institution, attesting to the fact that the applicant is currently a registered student and will continue to be enrolled for the envisaged period of the internship. A letter from any one of the following personnel is suggested:
4. Excellent written and spoken English, which is the working language of GRID-Arendal.
How to apply:
Please submit the following documents to the Head of Human Resources:
1. Statement of Interest: Please include your preferred availability dates and startup date, a short Statement of Interest describing your academic background, courses completed, foreign languages or other skill sets that may be relevant to GRID-Arendal’s areas of work. Consider including information about experiences that make you unique.
2. A detailed CV, including date of birth, nationality, address, and educational enrolment dates.
3. Required Documents. Please provide us with proof of student status in the form of an official or unofficial transcript of records and copies of university degrees, diplomas obtained if available and enrollment period. A signed and stamped letter of endorsement from your educational institution, attesting to the fact that applicant is currently a registered student and will continue to be enrolled for the proposed period of the internship.
Please submit your application to this email address: email@example.com
Application deadline: 01 October. Please submit your application as soon as possible, as we are continuously focusing on recriting interns.
Duration: 4 - 6 months
Position type: Permanent
Developing ways to capture the fundamental role of healthy ecosystems for social and economic development.
Environmental crime is a global threat to the security, economy, environment and sustainable development.
The polar and high mountains are the planet’s barometers, telling us a great deal about the present and future effects of climate change.