Waste and Marine Litter
Waste and litter are a significant issue, impacting ecosystems, economies and societies.
We are seeking a dynamic and committed colleague with proven work experience in communications and a solid background in waste management or other environmental related topics to increase the programme´s impact.
You will bring your experience and expertise in effectively communicating new knowledge on one or more thematic areas, which could include pollution, biodiversity, marine litter, waste management, community-based initiatives or other environment-related themes.
The position will require flexibility and commitment to support a variety of long-term projects in the programme. You may also have the possibility to lead your own projects or develop new opportunities for GRID-Arendal, utilising your existing network and developing new networks where needed.
· MSc in environmental science or a related field with proven work record in communication or journalism, or vice versa, MSc in political or communication science/journalism with solid working background on topics related to climate and environment
· 2 to 5 years of relevant professional experience, of which minimum 2 in a communications role
· Excellent writing, editing and analytical skills in English;
· Experience developing innovative communication products and communication strategies for a wide variety of audiences
Strongly desirable skills
· Knowledge and experience of working on waste and marine litter issues
· Experience with environmental assessments, capacity building and awareness raising activities
· Experience working with media and strong understanding of media landscape in Norway and/or Scandinavia and Europe
· Experience with Horizon2020 projects and/or EU frameworks
· Experience in working with either the United Nations system (especially UN Environment), NORAD, ministries
· Experience with reporting (Results Based Management, Theory of Change)
· Strong, proactive and pleasant team player
· Excellent networking and diplomatic skills and a solid professional network
· High level of flexibility and adaptability to take up different tasks and responsibilities
GRID-Arendal’s salary system is linked to the Norwegian Government salary system. It is based on education and experience. Salaries are subject to Norwegian tax regulations. Insurance and personal benefits are provided in addition to salary.
Deadline for applications:
Starting date: as soon as possible
Application should include a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae. Please send your application by email to: Hr@grida.no and mark in the subject “Project communication officer, Waste Marine Litter.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Starting date: 2022-11-07
Position type: Permanent