The Blue Solutions Initiative develops capacity and supports knowledge exchange on successful approaches to marine and coastal management.
The Blue Solutions initiative has launched the Blue Champions Award with the aim to support blue initiatives around the globe and rewards outstanding practitioners who believe that exchanging knowledge is key to accelerate the changes needed for healthy and sustainable oceans. Five awards of up to 10,000 euros will be given to scale up blue solutions from PANORAMA Solutions for a healthy planet .
Do you have a solution in PANORAMA platform and you know how and where to upscale it? Do you have a concrete idea on how to use a marine or coastal solution in PANORAMA to overcome your own challenges? Do you want to engage in knowledge sharing with peers from the PANORAMA community? Then apply to the Blue Champions Award!
How to apply
The proposal must be submitted through the Blue Champions Award application form (download the forms here).
It should include:
· Your project’s story: tell about your project’s challenges and describe the context of implementation.
· Identify a matching marine or coastal solution in the PANORAMA platform: describe why and how a solution or a solution’s building block can be partially or fully replicated as part of your project of change.
· A project description, including:
o Connection between the existing solution and the implementation in the new context: What is needed to adapt an existing solution or building block? What is the relevancy for replicating a solution in a new site? How does the solution help to address current challenges at the new site?
o How you will engage in knowledge sharing and execution of the project with the solution provider: What is needed to learn from each other? What would be part of the exchange?
o Desired impact and the story of change: What are the expected results in the short and long term?
o Implementation roadmap: describe how you can achieve replication and/or upscaling. Your project should be implemented between May 1 and October 31, 2021. You should also document the upscaling.
o A financial plan for the expenses. Your project must have a non-profit purpose.
The submission must be completed by 24th April 2021, and sent to email@example.com. Only applications submitted in the given format (application form, implementation roadmap and financial plan) and in time will be considered for eligibility.
ALL SHORTLIST CANDIDATES WILL RECEIVE:
· A recognition of participation.
· An invitation to the award ceremony.
· Further promotion through the PANORAMA Initiative.
· If applicable, the shortlist candidates can benefit from PANORAMA (&) sponsors through funding opportunities.
THE FIVE BLUE CHAMPIONS AWARD WINNERS WILL ADDITIONALLY RECEIVE:
· Assessment through the implementation phase.
· Publication of their uptake story on the PANORAMA platform and promotion through the PANORAMA Initiative.
· A monetary prize of up to 10,000 EUR for implementation.
Find more information about the Blue Champions Award in the following link:
Release date: 16 Apr 2021