Call for Expression of Interest: Communications/ Multimedia Expert for the UN Environment project “Vanishing Treasures”
GRID-Arendal is seeking the services of a Communications/Multimedia Expert with a broad range of skills and networks to support the communications and dissemination of results in the Vanishing Treasures project.
The Programme is funded by the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and aims to generate maximum synergy between climate change adaptation and biodiversity conservation by improving the adaptive capacity of mountain ecosystems while maintaining related ecosystem services, protecting mountain flagship species who are key to ecosystem functioning, and promoting alternative livelihoods for local communities.
Further objectives of Vanishing Treasures includes:
- To train wildlife managers in protected areas in climate-smart wildlife conservation, including adaptation to climate change through nature-based solutions;
- To improve communication between climate research and biodiversity conservation practitioners to ensure that the conservation sector appropriately responds to recommendations for adaptive action;
- To promote & develop a green infrastructure approach including restoration of habitats & corridors, creation and maintenance of buffer zones & stepping stones, rehabilitation of swamps and water catchment areas while increasing agricultural productivity or providing alternative forms of income to local communities facing the impacts of climate change.
GRID-Arendal is one of several partners in the project, and has been contracted by UN Environment to work on communications, outreach and assessment-related work.
- Provide input into the development of the communications strategy for the project
- Provide website services include development of website, back-end support and regular updating as/when needed
- Provide corporate branding for the project and social media support, including a variety of products including overall branding, logos, videos, posters, power points, etc.
- Develop innovative campaigns and outreach products in cooperation with a major global app provider (Runtastic)
The following will be required:
- At least 8 years demonstrated experience as a communications/multimedia expert including experience on developing the above-mentioned tasks
- A minimum of 5 years working experience specifically with (or within) UN organisations as a communications/multimedia expert
- Flexibility and ability to work to tight deadlines, as well as regular meetings over Skype
The following will be considered a strong asset:
- Experience of working with existing partners in the project (e.g. UN Environment / SCC Office in Vienna; GRID-Arendal)
- Experience of working and engaging with media in German-speaking countries
- Fluency/ high level of proficiency in German
- Experience of working with sports app providers to develop content, concept etc.
Requirements for submitting an Expression of Interest:
Interested candidates should include the following in their application:
- Short cover letter (1-page max) and CV
- Portfolio of past work (max 5 pages) demonstrating experience and skills in relation to the stated
- Your daily date, based on an 8-hour working day (in USD, including VAT)
The deadline for submitting a proposal is 31 July 2019. Applicants should email their application to HR@grida.no with the subject line “Expression of Interest for Vanishing Treasures”.
For Further information:
Please contact Björn Alfthan (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions. Applicants will be assessed based on the stated cost (daily rate), qualifications, and flexibility to work according to the timeline.
Duration: 125 days
Starting date: 2019-08-15
Ending date: 2019-12-31