UNEPnet is a dedicated global Internet for environment and sustainable development. Its role is to improve global exchange of environmental data and information and address the widening "information gap" between the industrialised and developing worlds. The backbone of the system is the Mercure satellite telecommunications network donated to UNEP by six European countries.
Post: Senior Engineer/Project Manager
· Design/plan, extend and operate UNEPnet. Relevant disciplines are Data-communications, Internet, Satellite communications, ISDN, Videoconference services, Voice and applications.
· Management of international telecommunications projects.
· Management of vendor contracts.
· Management of customer services.
· Higher education relevant to telecommunication, electronics, data processing (MSc, Siv. Ing. Long experience can compensate for formal education).
· At least 5 years of experience in one of the fields above.
· Ability in / experience with international clients
· Fluency in English, written and oral
Home office will be in Arendal, Norway. The position will include considerable international travel.
Applications should be sent to GRID-Arendal, P.O. Box 1602 Myrene, N-4801 Arendal, in an envelope marked "UIC" before November 15, 1998.
Further information can be obtained from:
Mr. Harald Holt,
Phone: +47 370 35 701,
Mrs. Karen Folgen
Phone: + 47 370 35 710
GRID-Arendal's website: http://www.grida.no