Focus on UN and Norwegian institutions as partners
Seminar hosted by GRID-Arendal
November 6 2006 , 11.00 - 14.00
FN-huset, Teaterplassen 3,Arendal
The Norwegian action plan for environment in co-operation development was launched in June this year.
The plan is listing the following priority areas:
- Sustainable development of biological diversity and national resources
- Water resources management, water and sani tation
- Climate change and access to clean energy
- Hazardous substances
The seminar will focus on how Norwegian environmental expertise can work with the UN system in implemen tation of the Action Plan
UN organizations as well as Norwegian NGOs, research institutes, centres of excellence and the private sector are listed as important partners in the plan.
- 11:00 Introduction by Svein Tveitdal - GRID-Arendal
- 11:15 Torbjørn Urfjell, Advisor to the Norwegian Minister for International Development:
"Presentation of the Action Plan - expec tations to Norwegian expertise and the UN system"
- 11: 45 Veerle Vandeweerd - Acting Director, UNEPs Division for Policy Implemen tation:
" Capacity Building in UNEP - Co-operation within the UN system in Environmental Capacity Building and Technolgy Transfer"
- 12:15 Lunch
- 13:00 Discussion with focus on how Norwegian expertise can contribute
- 1 4:00 End of seminar
The action plan is available here: English | Norwegian
For more information and registration:
Welcome to the UN-city of Arendal!