1. Assessment of Assessments towards a regular process for the global reporting and assessment of the state of the marine environment, including socio-economic factors.
The GRAMED database contains information on 471 marine activities, including assessments, scientific research studies and data holdings of relevance to the marine and coastal environment at the national, regional and supra-regional scale. It allows the user to search the assessments, download reports of searches, access online full text reports, and where available data sets and other products.
2. Geocap AS provides software and services for the oil and gas industry and hydrographic institutions
3. GeoHab (Marine Geological and Biological Habitat Mapping) was established in 2001 to bring together scientists from around the world working on the development of new thematic maps linking acoustic mapping and geological sampling to marine biology in a Geographical Information System environment to underpin sustainable ocean management.
4. Geoscience Australia is a world leader in providing first class geoscientific information and knowledge which enables government and community to make informed decisions about:
- the exploitation of resources
- the management of the environment
- the safety of critical infrastructure and
- the resultant wellbeing of all Australians.
5. OSPAR Commission: Protecting and conserving the North-East Atlantic and its resources
6. The University of Sydney
8. UNEP-WCMC: The One Ocean Programme seeks to synthesise, analyse and disseminate marine and coastal biodiversity knowledge, which not only provides the basis for decision making, but advances the understanding and debate regarding the sustainable use and development of marine and coastal goods and services. It liberates and gives direct, applied relevance to the data and knowledge it accumulates and assesses in order to assist UNEP and other partners to respond appropriately to current and emerging issues of importance for the marine environment, such as, inter alia, climate change, regular assessment of the marine environment, the high and deep seas, 2012 MPA target, marine bio-prospecting, etc.
9. UNESCO-Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission works to promote international cooperation in researching and protecting the ocean.