HomeAboutActivitiesMapsPhotosPublicationsNews
 
Home >> Survey

Tag: Survey

Household survey sites in Sekhukhuneland Household survey sites in Sekhukhuneland
Household survey sites in Sekhukhuneland
07 Oct 2005 - by Hugo Ahlenius, UNEP/GRID-Arendal
3
Freshwater resources: volume by continent Freshwater resources: volume by continent
Glaciers and ice caps cover about 10% of the world’s landmass. These are concentrated in Greenland and Antarctica and contain 70% of the world’s freshwater. Unfortunately, most of these resources are located far from human habitation and are not readily accessible for human use. According to the United States Geological Survey (USGS), 96% of the world’s frozen freshwater is at the South and North Poles, with the remaining 4% spread over 550,000 k...
01 Oct 2009 - by Philippe Rekacewicz (Le Monde diplomatique)
4