This page is for those of you
who are keen on learning more about the Baltic Sea Region, about other
GIS initatives for this region, and about other on-line maps and GIS data;
these links are also for those in need of software utilities for UNZIPping
data files or for converting them into MapInfo formats.
The Baltic Sea Region - GIS
- DatabasiN - Project on assembling data for the Daugava/Zapadnaya Dvina and Nemunas/Neman river basins (Belarus, Russia, Latvia, Lithuania) that drain to the Baltic Sea
- Baltic GIS portal - Public access to numerous free and public domain datasets
- The MapBSR project - A project where the national Land surveys around in the Baltic Sea drainage basin has co-operated to create a 1:1 million scale set of base data layers. For prizing and ordering, see the website.
- BALANS - a seamless land cover dataset for the Baltic Sea drainage basin.
The Baltic Sea Region - General
- BOING - web information service on the subject of eutrophication in the Baltic Sea. In addition to articles, and a description of the problem, this site offers direct access to data through interactive interfaces, such as maps.
- a statistical database for the BSR dealing with environment and natural
- HELCOM - The Helsinki Comission co-ordinates national environmental reporting and monitoring of the Baltic Sea.
More Maps and GIS data...
- UNZIP utility for those with Win 3.xx, Win 95, or Win NT.
tools - mainly of interest to MapInfo users who would like to convert
from ARC/INFO or Idrisi data formats.
Last Modified: 2001-Sep-23 19:23
by Hugo Ahlenius